Monday, June 13, 2016

Packing a sandwich

Taking a lunch to the office is far more economical than going out to eat. But a freshly made sandwich can't be beat. Soggy bread and limp veggies are just icky. So when I pack a sandwich for the office, here's what it looks like (before the lids are closed):

  • Bread in a baggie or Tupperware sandwich keeper. When I pop my lunch bag into the fridge at work, I first pull out the container with the bread. That way, I have nice soft, room temperature bread at lunchtime.
  • Condiments in tiny Tupperware midgets or smidgets containers.
  • Lunch meat and cheeses can live together until lunchtime.
  • Fresh veggies stay in their own world until lunchtime so they keep their crispness and don't sop up moisture from other sandwich participants.
At lunchtime, it takes about 30 seconds to pull everything out and make a fresh sandwich, with all of the ingredients the right temperature and everything as soft or crispy as it should be.

Better yet, because everything stays separate until I'm ready to actually make and eat the sandwich, I can prep a whole week's worth of sandwich ingredients on Sunday and save time and energy during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment